Thursday, May 22, 2008

Chicago or Bust Tour 08

Before

I actually wrote about a page and a half trying to explain why I thought riding a bicycle across the country was a good idea, but I tossed it. It was dreck. I realized I could probably sum it up in eight words: Change. Whimsy. Why the fuck not?

Massive thanks to my parents, the guys at the Houston Bicycle Company, and Vaughn Cavanaugh. Without you guys help I probably wouldn't have made it out of Houston. And of course my friends, who are willing to indulge me from time to time.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Walker, my high school friend and travelling companion on the England trip who is also an avid bicyclist asked me to pass on this message:

walker
i am an old friend or your dad (and getting older much faster than i used to, it seems). you are having the adventure that i missed earlier in my life, but aspire to later in my life - with my wife on a tandem. i have enjoyed reading your blog, and seeing the photos as well. the picture you took of the grahamville town sign is worth the entire trip. have a great journey now and always. cam witt